Category: 5. History, Art and Culture

Buca dei Pipistrelli

The site of  Buca dei Pipistrelli was singled out in the first half of the years ‘ 60 of the last century by Prof. Alfio Gianninoni, member of the Maremmano Speleological Group, who,together with...

Miranduolo Castle ruin

The importance of this settlement, for a long time property of the Gherardesca counts, is to be related to the extraction and trade of metals. As a result, over the centuries, the settlement has...

Casole Castle

Belmond Castello di Casole is one of the largest private estates in Italy. Two large avenues lined with cypress trees rise to the charming medieval building, surrounded by restored farms within a 1,700-hectare estate....

Capraia Castle

  The first evidence of the castle dates back to 1 December 731, when the steward of King Liutprando, Warnefrido, stipulated the founding act of the monastery of S. Eugenio near Siena and among...

Rosia Castle

The castle, which rises in the highest part of the inhabited center, has a massive size and consists of two bodies, one upstream and one further downstream, connected by a courtyard bordered by walls....

Trappola Tower

The fortification was built in the Middle Ages to guard a river port near the mouth of the Ombrone and included the current construction, and a complex of buildings culminating with a small tower,...

Magma Museum

  Museum of cast iron arts  The heart of Follonica returns to beat in MAGMA. Housed in the restored spaces of Forno San Ferdinando, the oldest building in the city, the museum is a...

Puntone di Scarlino

    Main sight Portus Scabris Archaeological Museum, full of Roman artefacts found during the construction of the port. Chapel of Puntone, little church that is part of the parish of Pian d’Alma. Former...

Pari

Pari is a village in Tuscany, central Italy, administratively a fraction of the municipality of Civitella Paganico, province of Grosseto, in the area of the Ombrone Valley. At the time of the 2001 census...

Monticiano

The first news on the “Castello di Monticiano” are from 1189, when it was subjected to the jurisdiction of the Bishop of Volterra, Ildebrando Pannocchieschi. This was confirmed in 1224 by Emperor Frederick II....