Torre Mozza

The tower was built by the Lords of Piombino, the Appiani, around 1500, as a defensive tower to oversee the arrival of the minerals from the island of Elba. Subsequently, a mooring for the brown coal landing was also made. Characteristic of the sea in front is the fact that about 10 meters from the shoreline is the old Roman road, which marks the ancient path of the Via Aurelia. [Without source] Large square blocks of stone are recognizable, together with each other.

 

1

 

 

 geographic coordinates