The Giurisdavidic tower located on Monte labro, in the municipality of Arcidosso.
He was chosen by David Lazzaretti as the center of Giurisdavidic community he founded. There are the ruins of buildings erected between 1869 and 1875, in particular the circular tower, the hermitage and the church.
The Lazzeretti was born in Arcidosso in 1834 to a humble family, and since 1868 he devoted himself to preaching, picking here a farming community that is rapidly expanded. The giurisdavidismo united religious and social themes and attracted hostility towards the communities by the religious and political institutions. The construction of the tower was begun in July 1869 and ended in August 1870. However, the tower gave way after a short time for the weight of the roof. The August 18, 1878 David, as he led a large procession to Arcidosso, was fronted by a crowd of villagers led by the police. A musket shot hit him in the head Lazzeretti who died in the evening near the Bagnore. After the death of Lazzaretti, the tower went slowly into disrepair. Some early recovery efforts were undertaken in 1958 by some Jurisdavidic followers. Badly damaged by lightning, it was established in 1995 and restored in the years between 2003 and 2004.
In addition to the tower you can see the ruins of other sacred buildings Jurisdavidic: the church, consecrated in 1872 – with the first mass celebrated September 29, 1875 – and the chapel, completed in 1875.