Santa Maria della Misericordia Church

Attested in 1188, was built at the entrance of the village on the remains of a former convent cell. It presents a façade, as amended by the insertion of a oculus early nineteenth century. The interior, with a Latin cross plan, preserves the original medieval structure the transept and the presbytery, with the remains of fourteenth century frescoes of the Sienese school (Christopher of Bindoccio and Pero) Meo, in the central main chapel, and other fifteenth, rediscovered from a recent restoration, in the side chapels, hypothetically attributed to Francesco di Giorgio Martini.

 

Chiesa di Santa Maria della Misericordia Campagnatico.jpg

 

 

 

geographic coordinates