Poggio alle Mura Castle

The castle, also known as Castello Banfi as property and representative office of this important winery, was erected in its present form, on a hill at the confluence of the rivers Orcia and Ombrone in 1438. Its location and history of the surrounding area suggest that the source can even go back to the Lombards, who here would have erected one of their watchtowers.

 

 

geographic coordinates